The Gavarnie Valleys: A summary of the best sites in the Pyrenees !
The Gavarnie Valleys open their doors to you and make you live great adventures… Here, in the heart of the Pyrenees National Park, unique territories come together to offer you the best: the valley of Argelès-Gazost / Hautacam, Barèges- Tourmalet, Cauterets, Gavarnie-Gèdre, Val d’Azun and the Luz-Saint-Sauveur valley. Live at the frantic pace of the waterfalls, breathe the pure air of the snow-capped mountains, feel this feeling of freedom invade you: you are in the Pyrenees. Live intense emotions in front of the Grands Sites Occitanie, delight your taste buds with local products or even travel in space and time through architectural riches… The possibilities are endless! As you can see, every moment in the Gavarnie Valleys is savored! So, get ready to live unforgettable moments and touch the sublime…
GRAND SKI PYRENEES, a unique pass to enjoy of all ski areas
A variety of ski resorts
• 5 alpine ski areas : Grand Tourmalet, Cauterets-Pont d’Espagne, Luz Ardiden, Gavarnie-Gèdre, Hautacam
• 3 Nordic areas : Val d’Azun, Cauterets-Pont d’Espagne, Hautacam
• 1 freeride area : the Pic du Midi
• Up to 15% immediate discount on each day’s skiing
• Special rate for Nordic areas
• Valid from 1 to 6 consecutive days
• Only the days skied are debited
• No checkout, direct access to the slopes
Pass at 20€ in sale online www.valleesdegavarnie.com or in the Tourist Agency of Gavarnie Valleys (Argelès-Gazost and Barèges Tourist Office).
Must see sites
Imagine a glacial cirque culminating at an altitude of 3000m, with at its heart one of the highest waterfalls in Europe, all completely frozen in winter! UNESCO World Heritage, Grand Site Occitanie, emblematic heart of the Pyrenees National Park … It is simply a mythical place! Skiers enjoy a ski area on a human scale, with little wait at the ski lifts.
Find out more
We love :
– Slide to the covered ice rink of Gèdre
– Visit behind the scenes of electricity at the Pragnères Hydroelectric Power Plant
– Ice waterfalls from Cirque de Gavarnie
At the foot of the Col du Tourmalet, Barèges is an authentic village nestled at an altitude of 1,250 meters. Skiers can hit the slopes of the Grand Tourmalet where everything is designed for beginners as well as freeride enthusiasts: we will have warned you, the descent of the Pic du Midi is an incomparable experience!
– The Pic du Midi and its panorama on the Pyrenees chain
– The Lienz plateau on snowshoes or sled dogs
– Cieléo, the Barèges thermal spa for a moment of relaxation
Valley of Luz-Saint-Sauveur – Luz Ardiden
Luz-Saint-Sauveur is a town ideally located between Gavarnie, Barèges and Argelès-Gazost. It is full of historical and cultural riches: fortified church, Solférino chapel, Napoleon Bridge, thermal district and local market every Monday! Nearby, authentic villages reserve many treasures: Sainte Marie castle, water mills, cobbled alleys, traditional houses, churches, washhouses or even organic bakery and craft brewery! Sliding enthusiasts will have a blast on the Luz Ardiden ski area: alpine skiing, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing or simple tobogganing.
We love :
– La Carde which weaves wool from sheep in the valley to make blankets, scarves, sweaters…
– The thermal waters of Luzéa and its spa with a soothing atmosphere
– The hilltop villages full of charm and authenticity
Valley of Argelès-Gazost – Hautacam
In the nineteenth century the valley conquered the hearts of the English nobility, who made this beautiful corner of the Pyrenees a hotspot for tourism!
The villages of Argelès-Gazost valley are full of architectural treasures and pretty chapels. The village of Saint Savin is particularly remarkable with its abbey, its cobbled square and its half-timber houses. For winter sports, direction Hautacam ! The slopes are open to skiers, snowboarders and sledgers who come here to ski safely in a resort on a human scale, or to snowshoe up to panoramic viewing points.
– Immerse yourself in the excitement of local markets
– Relax in the thermal waters of the Jardin des Bains
– Discover the Pibeste-Aoulhet Nature Reserve and its natural treasures
Valley of Azun
Nicknamed “The Eden of the Pyrenees” by the Pyrenean Louis Ramond de Carbonnières the Val d’Azun is a beautiful natural jewel! With its authentic stone and slate villages, unspoilt nature and superb Nordic ski area, Val d’Azun is an authentic and charming area.
Pastoralism is the soul of these mountains that follow the rhythm of the seasons and give Val d’Azun cheese its delicious fragrance of freedom. The Nordic area of Val d’Azun through open spaces and pine forests is a real paradise for the nordic activities.
We love :
– The Nordik park, ideal for children
– Test the biathlon in the footsteps of Martin Fourcade
– Arras en Lavedan where art is an integral part of the landscape
To find out more about this exceptional area in the heart of the Pyrenees and to plan your visit, go to www.valleesdegavarnie.com
En poursuivant votre navigation sur ce site, vous acceptez l'utilisation de cookies notamment pour réaliser des statistiques de visites,
pour vous proposer des services et des offres adaptés à vos centres d’intérêts, ainsi que des services de
partage et pour optimiser les fonctionnalités du site. Pour en savoir plus sur la protection de votre vie privée et paramétrer